BLOG: Community Talk
News and updates to keep you informed about J-Net Community programs and enhancements
Administrator Administrator , Administrator Administrator Administrator
BLOG: Community Talk
Meet Juniper's Fan-of-the-Month for September
Sep 14, 2015

Tom VerhaegWe'd like to introduce you to our Fan-of-the-Month Tom Verhaeg. Tom's recent Juniper related activity on Twitter caught our eye in addition to his blog posts. Thanks for your advocacy Tom and congrats for being selected as our Fan-of-the-Month for September!

How long have you been using Juniper products?

I started my Juniper experience by managing a few EX4200 VC’s and a chassis cluster of SRX240’s in a small datacenter environment. That was about 2 years ago. Things skyrocketed when I moved into the Service Provider realm a couple of months ago which exposed me to MX series routers, QFX and EX series switches configured in a VCF. 

What was the first Juniper product you worked with?

As mentioned before, that was a set of 4 EX4200’s replacing an existing Cisco setup with more features, flexibility and performance. 

What is your favorite thing about working with Juniper products?

Functionality wise: Commit (check, confirmed) and rollback have saved my life over and over again. For the Cisco people, no more reload in! Feature wise I enjoy working on our MX series and the flexibility they offer in providing our services towards customers.

What advice would you give to others considering Juniper certifications?

Junipers own material (such as the fast track) goes above and beyond in preparing you for the exam. That has been a great help in my personal preparation, but the theory is just one part. For the practical part, lab, lab lab! Challenge yourself to find new scenarios and topology’s to test certain configurations and features. 

What Juniper product do you dream of working with?

Working with Junipers PTX portfolio would be truly amazing since it’s always coupled to a high performance, mission critical network.

Sep 15, 2015
chinar.trivedi
Congrats Tom! No wonder you are fan of the month. Your blogs say it all.Smiley Happy