BLOG: Information Experience (iX)
Administrator Administrator , Administrator Administrator Administrator
BLOG: Information Experience (iX)
How to Be CSO (Chief Search Officer)
Jan 26, 2015

We’ve all been there—you need to find some Juniper technical details quickly, so you head out to Google.

You type your query, cross your fingers, and hope for the best. After scrolling through pages and pages of results, you find what you need.

There is a better way to Google. Show that search engine who’s the boss using these simple tricks:

GLABv5.png

To be even more efficient, check out additional Google operators in the Documentation Help page.

And, when you’re done, pass these tips along to your colleagues. They will be so glad you became the boss!

ricky-gervais.jpg

0 Kudos
Feb 9, 2015
It would be even better if we didn't have to resort to Google and could locate the documents quickly from within juniper.net
Feb 14, 2015
Distinguished Expert

True, that it would be better if the internal search was perfect.  And the internal search is greatly improved over the last couple years by the filtering system.  And I live in hope that one day this search will be perfect. 

But I need answers today.

So, I for one am glad the content in the documentation section was explosed to the google robots a couple years ago.  This does make finding the correct detailed pages easier for me for now.

Steve Puluka BSEET
Juniper Ambassador
Expert Network Security Engineer - UPMC Pittsburgh, PA
JNCIA-ER JNCIA-EX JNCIS-SEC JNCIP-SEC JNCSP-SEC
JNCIS-FWV JNCIS-SSL
ACE PanOS 6
MCP - Managing Server 2003 MCP - Windows XP Professional
MCTS Windows 7
http://puluka.com/home

Feb 15, 2015
Administrator Administrator

Thanks, Perry and Steve. Points taken! We are actively working on ensuring you find the answers you need, no matter how you access our content.

Looking forward to sharing updates on some of our initiatives in the next few months.

Best,

Sarah

Sep 28, 2015
Administrator Administrator

Perry and Steve, good news!

The search engine on Juniper.net has been upgraded and is now powered by Google. Read more here:

http://forums.juniper.net/t5/Information-Experience-iX/Upgrade-Your-Search-Experience-on-Juniper-net...

Best,

Sarah