BLOG: Information Experience (iX)
Administrator Administrator , Administrator Administrator Administrator
BLOG: Information Experience (iX)
Read it, then try it—with Juniper vLabs
Nov 14, 2018

How many times have you read Juniper technical documentation and thought to yourself, “I wish I could try this!” 

Enter Juniper vLabs.

Juniper vLabs is a web-based platform that lets you try out Juniper products and features at any time, in a no-risk environment. Leveraging the vMX, vQFX, and vSRX product lines, vLabs provide a variety of standalone devices and preset topologies. Reservable in advance or on-demand, vLabs are free to access and open to everyone.

Juniper vLabs takes a “read-it-then-try-it” approach to learning. This offering guides you from product and solutions documentation to a live environment where you can get hands-on experience.

The labs are easy to use. Just sign in using your Juniper account. Don’t have one? Sign up for free from the vLabs page.

Blogimage1.png

We’ve built several topologies to get you started:

BlogImage2.png

Be sure to return to this free lab offering again and again, as we’ll be adding topologies to meet more use cases. Let us know what else you’d like to see!

Aug 9, 2018
Distinguished Expert

Thanks for providing this great resource.

Steve

Aug 13, 2018
DADA26

Thank you very much for this share

Sep 19, 2018
Waqas Arshad

Hi, I am not able to access Juniper Vlab. i dont see sign in option for Juniper VLAB. please help in this matter.

Sep 19, 2018
Administrator Administrator

Hi Waqas -

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! We are looking into this now.

We'll reach out again asap.

- Jeremiah, J-Net Community Manager

Sep 20, 2018
seb_rupik

With my JNCIS-ENT scheduled for next week this might just save me. Smiley Happy

Thanks!!!

Sep 20, 2018
Distinguished Expert

When you choose the sign in option there is a small link on the bottom to create an account if you don't have one.

Create a New Account

Steve

Sep 20, 2018

Hi Waqas -

Can you try accessing the link again? Let us know if the link is working as intended for you.

If the issue still persists, Steve's comment above mine should help out as well.

Thanks!

Jeremiah, J-Net Community Manager

Nov 8, 2018
wulfler-also

Hi,

What about some labs for BGP or route redistribution? Are those in the pipeline? I am currently working on a project that involves switching routes from a SONET type of setup to an MPLS setup, but there is BGP and route redistribution involved in it. I would love to practice something like that with a couple of vMX routers before trying it on the live ones.

Sincerley,

Jim

Nov 8, 2018

Hi Jim,

There are currently two BGP-related topologies in vLabs: the one shown above, and a second with route reflectors. You are welcome to try adding route policies to test route redistribution there.  We also have some additional setups planned specifically with BGP + routing policy, hope to have at least one of those up before the end of the year.

Cheers,

vLabs Team

https://vlabs.juniper.net

Nov 14, 2018
Justin M

Hello,

I am not able to launch any of the labs.  It appears to try to load one, and then get a "service not available due to connection error" page.  I'm on a Macbook, and I have tried both Chrome and Safari with no luck.