Community Feedback
Highlighted
Community Feedback

J-Net Refreshed design

[ Edited ]
‎10-18-2017 04:36 AM

I noticed that when I'm not logged in and I enter post reply I'm redirected to login page.  After logging in I'm redirected to J-Net main page and my reply is gone.  Anyone else has the same issue?

Regards, Wojtek

14 REPLIES 14
Community Feedback

Re: J-Net Refreshed design

‎10-18-2017 05:01 AM
Hi-

We are working on the page redirection issue. With that said you should be logged in to reply or post a discussion.

Thank you for your feedback! When we resolve the issue, we will let you know.
Julie Wider
Advocacy Manager
Twitter: @JNetCommunity & @jawider

Community Feedback

‎10-18-2017 06:20 AM

Hi,

on top of this error (which was almost present with the old look) I feel that the new look is a major step back. It is difficult to get an overview due to very large font. On top it differs from page to page if you should click the light blue arrow or a headline - removing the headline as a link is very very unlogical.

On top the name and community rank are not shown any more when look at a specific thread - but are shown in the overview page of recent posts.

If I had to choose, please revert 100% to the old design until a proper redesign has been agreed on (a tested with regular users). Right now I'm loosing all interest to help out as the quick overview possibilities are simply gone.

Please feel free to reach out for further dialogue :-)

--
Best regards,

Jonas Hauge Jensen
Systems Engineer, SEC DATACOM A/S (Denmark)
Community Feedback

‎10-18-2017 06:38 AM
Hi Jonas-

Thank you for your feedback. Just so you are aware we did have some of our users review and test the site design. Let’s touch base next week as I am out of the office but would like to connect to get additional input.

Thank you!
Julie
Julie Wider
Advocacy Manager

Community Feedback

‎10-23-2017 03:11 AM

I agree with Jonas. I don't usually complain about forum refreshes, but this one has made it almost unusable for me on mobile devices. Fonts and graphics have increased so much that there is very little content per page, and post titles are truncated to 25 characters. Trying to tap or click on the tiny 'greater than' symbol symbol to open a post (tapping or clicking on the post title itself does nothing) takes about 3 trys to hit. The In-line code font style is now proportional instead of fixed.  In general there is so much overabundance of whitespace that it's very difficult to find anything due to all of the scrolling. I'm happy to share feedback offline.

Community Feedback

‎10-23-2017 04:58 AM

Hi Paul-

We would like to hear your feedback. I’ll touch base with you via email to discuss either by phone or online, whichever your preference.

Thank you,

Julie

Julie Wider
Advocacy Manager

Community Feedback

‎10-23-2017 05:31 AM

Agreed, the new design is absolute trash. It's clear the focus was on a distinct 'look'; evidently functionality was not a high priority. As ugly as the old site may have been, at least it was useful.

And I'm typing this for the second time due to the aforementioned login issue. How did that get overlooked? This is like the NSM all over again - clearly the people creating the system don't actually use it day-to-day.

Community Feedback

[ Edited ]
‎10-23-2017 09:08 AM

We are working on the redirection issue which is not due to the design update. Thank you for your feedback and patience while we work through this.

Julie Wider
Advocacy Manager

Community Feedback

‎10-24-2017 06:35 AM

Hello all-

The redirection issue has been resolved. Thanks so much for your patience while we addressed this.

Julie

Julie Wider
Advocacy Manager

Community Feedback

‎12-29-2017 03:36 PM

image.png

This way of listing topics is pretty confusing - combination of large font, unclear dividers between different conversations  makes it hard to distinguish.   Category is called Community Feedback

What is FEEDBACK_AND_DIRECTION? 

Category is called Community Feedback. But this FEEDBACK_AND_DIRECTION is the largest title and catches eyes.

Topics need to be highlighted better and this 2 column view is gotta go.

check out how it's done on Aruba forum 

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Campus-Switching-and-Routing/bd-p/CampusSwitching

Community Feedback

‎03-28-2018 10:07 AM

I though I'll get used to the new design but few months passed and I still hate it. I wonder.. is there anyone who prefers new look over the old one? Maybe a poll?

Regards, Wojtek

Community Feedback

[ Edited ]
‎03-28-2018 12:02 PM

Hi Folks,

I think the new look is good once you are used to it, however, few more enhancements are needed to make it user-friendly.

//Regards

AD

Community Feedback

[ Edited ]
‎03-29-2018 04:54 PM

Hi all, 

I wanted to chime in on the discussion about the site design.

I would love to hear what enhancements would make our community more user-friendly.

So far, Martin_Blank suggested:

- Topics need to be highlighted

- An alternative to the 2-column view.

Have at it. I look forward to hearing from you all! Smiley Happy 

Jeremiah

J-Net Community Manager

Jeremiah
J-Net Community Manager
Community Feedback

‎04-03-2018 03:18 AM

Possible improvements:

When you select the specific forum name and get the list of topics:

• you can no longer tell which topics are unread, they all look the same
  • the screen space is not very efficient use of space the large type and double column seem clumsy to me the small type and list view seemed easy to understand the order of posts

When you view a specific post:

• the next / previous buttons are only available after the first post.  So when you get to the bottom or return to the top you cannot navigate to the next or previous post you have to hunt the end of the initial post
  • these next / previous buttons are thin type and easy to miss not very visible so I end up going back and forth trying to find it.  While the start article and reply are prominent.

When replying to a post:

• If you enter a reply before logging in you cannot add images and it does not tell you why.  Took me a long time to figure this out. 
  • I can't find the attachment button but I see people adding pdf and txt files so it is there somewhere...

Overall these changes have made it more difficult to keep up to date and figure out what has been posted to the forums.  This can be frustrating to see number of unread posts and not be able to find what you've missed.

Steve Puluka BSEET - Juniper Ambassador
IP Architect - DQE Communications Pittsburgh, PA (Metro Ethernet & ISP)
http://puluka.com/home
Community Feedback

‎04-19-2018 03:46 PM

Hey all!

I just want to say thank you so much for all the feedback you've given us about the redesign.

We've taken a look at each piece of feedback and will be looking forward to implementing some of these in the near future.

Stay tuned!

- Jeremiah 

Jeremiah
J-Net Community Manager