Community Talk
Community Talk
Introducing Juniper's August Fan-of-the-Month - Tim Gregory

juniper_fotm_cover_Gregory_Proof1[1].pngWe are excited to introduce our Fan-of-the-Month for August, Tim Gregory. Tim came across our radar as a result of his  technical blog Packets and Stuff.   The community raved about the quality of his EVPN – the basics deep dive article on our social channels and they continue to share and comment on all of his blog content. His recent additions include articles on the MX and Junos. We recommend that you take a look to see why the community is raving about his content.  Find out more about Tim in the interview below.

Congrats Tim and thank you! We truly appreciate your contributions.

How long have you been using Juniper products?

I’ve been using Juniper kit for around 3 years, mostly T series and MX in service-provider environments, I’ve been working in IP networks since around 2001.

What was the first Juniper product you worked with?

Juniper T640 was the first Juniper product I worked with.

What is your favorite thing about working with Juniper products?

JUNOS has the best configuration syntax in the industry and also the easiest to manage, especially when things get large – the fact that JUNOS is common to all routing, switching and security products also makes life much easier.

What advice would you give to others considering Juniper certifications?

Try to understand why a particular technology or product was invented and the problems it attempts to solve, rather than diving straight into the configuration or lab – get the basics right first, before adding complexity.

What Juniper product do you dream of working with?

The next generation of SDN based products, specifically high-end MX with Segment-routing and controllers such as Juniper NorthStar.

Congrats Tim !!

chinar.trivedi

Congrats Tim!

Top Kudoed Authors