Community Talk
Community Talk
Meet Juniper's July Fan-of-the-Month - Chinar Trivedi

We are pleased to introduce Chinar Trivedi as our July Fan-of-the-Month. Chinar is an avid reader and reviewer of Juniper technology books  from O'Reilly and our Day One collection. He participates in our online community events and helps us by amplifying our content on his Twitter account where he is known as ip_mpls_labguy.  We would like to recognize and thank him for being a Juniper fan. Congrats to you Chinar!

juniper_TWfeed_fotm_trivedi_proof1.png

How long have you been using Juniper products?

I've been using Juniper products for more than 3 years now and there is no looking back.

What was the first Juniper product you worked with?

The very first product I worked on was Juniper ACX2200 router. That's when I came to know the beauty of Junos. I was given four of those to test it in my lab.

What is your favorite thing about working with Juniper products?

It’s funny how I started liking Junos. It goes way back when I was so used to networking products from other vendors that I never wanted to come out of my comfort zone and try something new. But one day, I was asked to test a Junos product. That's how I got down into the nitty-gritty of this new OS and boy I realised that it’s so much different and unique in many ways.

I would say the simplistic design of Junos OS and especially the Junos CLI Hierarchical structure is what I love the most when I'm working on a Juniper device.

What advice would you give to others considering Juniper certifications?

Juniper cert exams don't make becoming an expert easy. You have to go through the process of passing 3 exams to be eligible for the Expert lab exam.  So, I'd say go slow, learn, and enjoy Day-One Books if you are new to Junos. You don't want to become an expert just for the heck of it. It's a process. Juniper study guides are a great way to enhance your knowledge on Junos products/technologies and for taking cert exams.

What Juniper product do you dream of working with?

I am already having a ball with MX and QFX. However, I wish to work someday with NorthStar controller and SDN/NFV solutions like OpenContrail too.

chinar.trivedi

Thanks Julie! Smiley Happy

Recognized Expert Recognized Expert

Chinar, it is such a great honor to have you as this month's fan!

You are an amazing engineer who really understands and enjoys the details, and your enthusiasm is ace.

Keep it so up Chinar!

Ato & Krzysztof

chinar.trivedi

Thank you Ato & Krzystof, 

It means a lot coming from you Juniper Stalwarts! Smiley Very Happy
Very motivating!

Thnx,
Chinar

Top Kudoed Authors