Configuration Library
Configuration Library

Request BGP configuration for Service Provider environment

[ Edited ]
‎08-14-2015 03:21 PM

Hi Juniper Expertise,

Referring to the diagram below, I want to establish bgp connection to my upstreams and customers. I'm receiving full route from my upstreams and also providing full route to my customers.

I've looking and following guideline on the net and still not able to get the best config to apply. My main problem may be the import and export policy that I shall apply towords upstreams and towards customers. ISP has to advertised its own prefixes and customers prefixes to upstream 1&2 and route back the traffic from upstreams to customers via ISP.

I was understand route from the customer shall be more preferred compare to the route from usptream.

I need good operation config that I can apply especialy import and export policy for upstream and customer. This may look easy but its quite confusing for me. I hope this could also help other people who also strungle like me.

Please share your recommendation and input. config of import and export policy that can be apply would be more appreciate if you can share here.

Thank you.

BGP to upstream and to customer.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Configuration Library

Re: Request BGP configuration for Service Provider environment

‎08-17-2015 07:33 PM

Hi,

Appreciate if someone can help me on this matter. Thanks friends...

Configuration Library

Re: Request BGP configuration for Service Provider environment

‎08-17-2015 07:44 PM

Hi,

Firstly you need to define a routing policy that aligns to your business needs, once you have defined the business rules then that can be converted into a routing policy configuration.

these rules might be something like;

- prefer customer prefixes > the same prefixes learnt via transit

- allow customers to modify routing policy using communities

- prefer transit 1,2 over 3 as 3 is the most expensive

etc....

Tim