Connecting the Cloud
Juniper Employee , Juniper Employee Juniper Employee
Connecting the Cloud
Seismic Changes in Networking
Mar 18, 2015

In my blog post last week, I talked a bit about our new data center spine switches – the QFX10000 line. These were introduced last week at an event at Juniper’s headquarters in Sunnyvale. For those of you who weren’t able to attend the event live or virtually, we have posted the videos from the event for your viewing pleasure.

Specifically of interest for this blog space is Jonathan Davidson’s overview of the new innovations in data center switching. In this video you can hear Jonathan talk about why there are seismic changes in networking being driven out of the data center space, and why these changes led Juniper to rethink the fundamentals of networking with our MetaFabric architecture.

Jonathan talks about both the new switches as well as Junos Fusion – our new approach for managing the network as a single logical entity – which when combined with Juniper’s EVPN and VXLAN implementations enables us to scale to 128 times what the closest competitor can. But that’s enough from me… before I give away any more spoilers, I encourage you to watch the video for yourself.

And you can also find videos from the rest of the event here.