Connecting the Cloud
Juniper Employee , Juniper Employee Juniper Employee
Connecting the Cloud
When Tenths of a Second Separate the Winners
Sep 28, 2015

A few weeks ago, I wrote about how the hugely successful Joe Gibbs Racing team relies on MetaFabric as the core of its data center network. Since then, Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) continues its pattern of success--most recently winning in the second race of the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Championship at New Hampshire Motor Speedway (my home state) this past weekend.

While I’m not going to claim MetaFabric is the reason for JGR’s success on the track, this new video provides a great look into just how important the network is to the team. In the video, Jim Foley, CTO for Joe Gibbs Racing, explains how when tenths of a second are the difference between first and second place, getting the right information to the right people, at the right time, is critical. The network is what enables JGR to do this – and their network is based on Juniper.

I won’t give away any more spoilers, but will pull one more quote from the video: “with Joe Gibbs racing, it’s all about having the best equipment.” Clearly when it came to the network, that meant Juniper’s MetaFabric.