DX - Load Balancing & Application Acceleration

Show Cluster Target Status command

‎11-25-2007 11:45 PM
Can someone help me to interpret the result of "show cluster target status" command ?

sh cluster xxxx target status
Target Hosts:
[1] xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80 Up
Total:723 In Use:028 Hot:003 Cold:049 Discards:643

Total ?
In Use ?
Hot ?
Cold ?
Discards ?

Thank you.

Adrian Poermandya
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Show Cluster Target Status command

[ Edited ]
‎11-30-2007 01:54 AM
Hello Adrian,

I will be happy to assist you with the interpretation of the command output from: sh cluster xxxx target status

Total - This is the total number of target sessions that have been allocated to the physical target device. This should equal the sum of in_use+hot+cold+discards or else there may be an issue. In your case 643 + 49 + 3 + 28 = Total 723.

In Use - This is the number of established TCP connections on the target side of the DX that are involved in fulfilling a current HTTP request and are actually transferring data.

Hot - Number of established TCP connections on the target side of the DX that are not involved in fulfilling a current HTTP request.

Cold - Allocated but not connected; probably were established connections but then were closed. The maximum number of cold connections is 512.

Discards - After the maximum of cold connections is exceeded they are discarded. These cold connections are deallocated, freed and logged on the disgard counter.

I hope this makes the output a little more clear for you, any questions then please reply to this thread.
Message Edited by ChristopherHowarth on 07-02-2008 05:01 AM
Regards,

Christopher Howarth CISSP RHCE JNCIS-FWV JNCIA-WX/SSL
Announcements

DX SERIES

The Juniper Networks DX application acceleration platform delivers a complete data center acceleration solution for Web-enabled and IP-based business applications.

RSS Icon