Day One Books Archive
These Day One Books are outdated, soon to be out of print and unsupported. Use at your own risk
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
‎09-09-2010 02:18 PM
‎09-09-2010 02:18 PM

Configuring Junos Basics_cover.jpg

This second booklet in the Junos Fundamentals Series helps you to configure the basic settings of your device and to learn more about configuration mode. These settings are the first steps to configuring a Junos device, whether you are setting up a router, switch, or security platform.

Building upon the foundation set by the first booklet, Day One: Configuring Junos Basics continues the practical tutorial for first-time users of Junos and Juniper products. It is also written as a reference or refresher for more experienced Junos administrators.

This book is available in a free PDF edition and includes a Copy & Paste edition in RTF format (open in any text editor).  Simply download the linked files below.

The book is also available in eBook formats for the following devices at the following locations:

• For iPads and iPhones, use your device’s iBook app. Search for “Juniper Networks” in the iBookstore. Download directly to your iPhone or iPad.
  • For Kindles, Androids, Blackberry, iPhones/iPads, Macs. and PCs, download the free Kindle app for your device. Go to the Kindle Store using your device’s Kindle app and search for “Day One Juniper.” Download directly to your device.

Start a discussion, post a comment or let us know what Day One books you really want, and we'll pass the info to the editors.

Feb 22, 2011
kmanthapuri

Hi ,

Looks like the attachment has the wrong one , i.e. instated of "Configuring Junos basics it contains Junos monitoring and trouble shooting .

~Balakrishna

Feb 23, 2011
peter.jopp@t-systems.com

Jewels wrote:

Configuring Junos Basics_cover.jpgThis book is available in a free PDF edition by downloading the linked file below.

The book is also available in eBook formats for the following devices at the following locations:

• For iPads and iPhones, use your device’s iBook app. Search for “Juniper Networks” in the iBookstore. Download directly to your iPhone or iPad.
  • For Kindles, Androids, Blackberry, iPhones/iPads, Macs. and PCs, download the free Kindle app for your device. Go to the Kindle Store using your device’s Kindle app and search for “Day One Juniper.” Download directly to your device.

Start a discussion, post a comment or let us know what Day One books you really want, and we'll pass the info to the editors.

wrong booklet under 

Day One Book: Configuring Junos Basics

Junos Monitoring and Troubleshooting.pdf 3627 KB

thanks for place the right one

Jewels wrote:

Configuring Junos Basics_cover.jpgThis book is available in a free PDF edition by downloading the linked file below.

May 10, 2011
Assice

Where is this  ebook on iBookstore ? I don't find it !

Jul 27, 2011
carolina21

No Results for "Juniper Networks" in IBooksStore, could you please check??

Jul 28, 2011

@assice and @carolina21 I've just searched on an iPhone for Juniper Networks and the Day One books all appear.  Please try again and let me know if you have a problem.

Aug 1, 2011
CaseyH

I found them on Kindle with no problem, but have to pay 99 cents to download.

boggle

Jan 18, 2012
jspanitz

Can we get these on the BN Store for Nook?

Jun 28, 2013
cheran.mk@sc.com

Thanks, helps for good start for Junos beginners.

Aug 30, 2013
annam

i want config switch EX4200. Someone show me the command about:

• Vlan
  • Spanning tree
  • trunking
  • Link Aggregation
  • ospf

many thanks..!

Aug 30, 2013

Hello annam-

Technical questions should be posted in the forums. For this particular question please postt in the Ethernet Switching Forum

Thank you!

Julie