Day One Books Archive
These Day One Books are outdated, soon to be out of print and unsupported. Use at your own risk
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
‎05-03-2011 04:12 PM
‎05-03-2011 04:12 PM

Deploying MPLS_cover_sm.jpgWhile there are many books and papers available that cover network architecture, MPLS services, and MPLS cores, none put all these subjects together in a ‘beginning-to-end’ walk-through methodology using myriad configuration examples for Juniper routers, with explanations for each configuration. This Week: Deploying MPLS is a seminar-in-a-book on the process of designing and standing up a MPLS core, as well as provisioning MPLS services such as L3VPN, VPLS, and Layer 2 circuits.

This book is available in a free PDF edition and includes a Copy & Paste edition in RTF format (open in any text editor).  Simply download the linked files below:

• For iPads and iPhones, use your device’s iBook app. Search for “Juniper Networks” in the iBookstore. Download directly to your iPhone or iPad.
  • For Kindles, Androids, Blackberry, iPhones/iPads, Macs. and PCs, download the free Kindle app for your device. Go to the Kindle Store using your device’s Kindle app and search for “Day One Juniper.” Download directly to your device.

Start a discussion, post a comment or let us know what Day One books you really want, and we'll pass the info to the editors.

May 5, 2011
mrgq
Book is not available to download from the iBookstore.
May 5, 2011

@mrgq - Apologies for the delay. The books are in process and should be available Monday in the iBookstore.

May 5, 2011
Distinguished Expert

All I can say is WOW!  I've had a quick skim through this and it looks excellent.  I have a customer who is about to migrate from a large 802.1Q-based aggregation network over to MPLS with L2VPN and L3VPN and this will be a great reference for them.

Keep up the EXCELLENT work!

May 11, 2011
Juniper Employee

Just FYI - not showing up in the iBookstore on my iPad as of 10am EDT on 10 May.

May 11, 2011

@jcostom - Thanks for the info. It was an estimated date, apologies for those who were not able to download from the iBookstore. It will be there soon.

May 12, 2011
Trusted Expert

Amazing book, I really appreciate the effort you've done to close the gap of technical literature availability between you and you're biggest competitor.
Actually the documentation/literature availability was the primary factor for us to move with Juniper for all our projects lately.  

Keep going with the same pace!

May 12, 2011
Trusted Contributor

For those waiting for Apple's iBookstore.... we have no control over when they post a book.  It has to go through an approval process, just like their app store, and it "depends" on how many books were submitted by publishers that week. Sometimes it takes 5 days and I've seen it go to 10 or 12 days sometimes.  The Kindle Store by comparison takes a day or two because they don't examine the books other than through an automated process.  You can always get the Kindle App for iPad/iPhone. It's not as sexy, I know, as the iBook App, but it works.

Patrick Ames, Ed in Chief, Juniper Networks Books

May 29, 2011
v_pravdin

Tnx. Very interesting book. 

You have some misprint:

1) page 164 for "Dalwhinnie (PE)" configuration. "Family iso" is absence on interface.

2) page 165 "interface ge-0/.500" after [protocols isis] stanza =)

This book is one of my step to JNSIP-SP 

Jun 2, 2011

never mind

Jun 7, 2011
Weaverap
IBooks is charging for the books? I only use their format to control the font. PDFs text seems small in iBooks.