How do I specify and preserve RADIUS accounting information?
- You must always specify the RADIUS authentication method. Subscriber access management does not support the password keyword (the default), and authentication fails when no method is specified. For more information, click Specifying the Authentication and Accounting Methods for Subscriber Access
- Subscriber management counts forwarded packets only. Dropped traffic and control traffic are not included in the accounting statistics. For more information, click RADIUS Accounting Statistics for Subscriber Access Overview
- Preserving RADIUS Accounting Information:
- Service accounting stop messages are withheld for a maximum of 10 services per subscriber. If a subscriber attempts to activate an eleventh service while that accounting server is offline, the activation fails.
- When RADIUS accounting backup is configured, you must use different servers for RADIUS authentication and accounting. Subscriber authentication fails when the same server is configured for both authentication and accounting. For more information, click Preservation of RADIUS Accounting Information During an Accounting Server Outage
- The collection of time-only service statistics is supported for all service sessions. However, time and volume statistics are provided for only firewall and fast update firewall service sessions. For more information, click Configuring Per-Service Session Accounting
For more information, click Broadband Subscriber Sessions Feature Guide