Engineering Simplicity
Explore Juniper’s vision for network innovation and how the company and industry are transforming the future of networking
Juniper Employee , Juniper Employee Juniper Employee
Engineering Simplicity
Data Deluge? Supercore Repulsors On!
Mar 11, 2015

There is a saying, “everyone loves a superhero”. My colleague writes about his own reverence for Jedi Knights. I happen to love all things Ironman. For those unfamiliar, here’s a quick rundown of what makes Ironman so awesome.

Juniper_Routing_Infographic_R3[1].jpg

For full size infographic, please click here. 

• The “Arc Reactor”: Where it all begins. Not a simple battery, but a brilliant invention that delivers clean power in a compact form factor.
  • The “Suit”: Powered by the Arc Reactor, it enables the wearer with super human strength and skill.
  • “J.A.R.V.I.S.”: The intelligent control system that provides the operator with real-time analytics and precision control.
  • The “Inventor”: Tony Stark of Stark Industries is the visionary genius that designs, builds, and becomes Ironman.

So, entertain me when I MUST mashup this passion with another of mine, networking. Today, we at Juniper are announcing some wonderfully powerful innovations for the Internet and all who use it. It has the power to make anyone, but especially a service provider, a superhero amidst rising challenges. Here is a brief comparison between the “superhero” and the “Supercore".

• "ExpressPlus Silicon”: This is the Arc Reactor for the Internet. Not a simple processor, but a brilliant invention that delivers 500G (1TB half-duplex) of performance that is 4x more powerful and 3x more efficient than the next best thing out there.
  • The “PTX Router”: Powered by ExpressPlus silicon, it is the suit of armor that enables the user with unmatchable performance and efficiency. The geek in me will throw some numbers out there…  With the PTX5000, the operator can handle 24Tbps (48Tbps half-duplex) in a single chassis – 3x more than the nearest competitor and with 5x more power efficiency. Simply put… we do with one what takes others five!  With the PTX3000, the operator can handle 8Tbps (16Tbps half-duplex) in a platform that is 91% smaller in size and 1/7th the weight that the nearest competitor requires.
  • The “Northstar Controller”: The intelligent SDN control that provides the operator with precision control in real-time.
  • The “Inventor”: Juniper Networks.

With the formidable deluge of data looming ahead of us, the Internet needs a superhero. Juniper delivers one in the Converged Supercore. Excuse me now while I jump into my suit. Cue theme music!

0 Kudos
May 5, 2015
Mehul Doshi

The PTX router link in Youtube is showing private.

The URL may need revision : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLlPRV19BVI

May 13, 2015
Administrator Administrator

@Mehul - Thank you for bringing this to our attention! The video link has been updated.

Top Kudoed Members