Ethernet Switching
Ethernet Switching

Bridge-MIB

‎07-07-2014 11:38 PM

Hello,

i have EX2200 switches with JUNOS 12.3R6.6, i'm using a tool from SOLARWINDS called switch port mapper, when i need to query my switch with that tool i got an error that my switch does not support Bridge-MIB.

How can i solve this issue?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Ethernet Switching

Re: Bridge-MIB

‎07-07-2014 11:51 PM

I guess you are trying to do the port/MAC mapping.

We could go round and round to try to fix this, but the fastest way should be to restart snmpd and mib2d on the EX2200:

[edit]
root@lester# run restart snmp
Simple Network Management Protocol process started, pid 21247

[edit]
root@lester# run restart mib-process
Management Information Base II process started, pid 21251

[edit]
root@lester#

Can you try this and let us know if the problem is solved?

=====

If this worked for you please flag my post as an "Accepted Solution" so others can benefit. A kudo would be cool if you think I earned it.

Ethernet Switching

‎07-08-2014 02:20 AM

Hello,

I tried both restart commands and re-check from the solarwinds software but i got the same error.

Ethernet Switching

‎07-08-2014 02:25 AM

Can you find out that OIDs is trying the tool to get from the EX2200?

And then do a snmp walk from the same switch and see if you get anything?

[edit]
root@lester# run show snmp mib walk 1.3.6.1.2.1.17
dot1dBaseBridgeAddress.0 = 00 19 e2 53 9c 01
dot1dBaseNumPorts.0 = 1
dot1dBaseType.0 = 2
dot1dBasePort.523 = 523
dot1dBasePortIfIndex.523 = 531

=====

If this worked for you please flag my post as an "Accepted Solution" so others can benefit. A kudo would be cool if you think I earned it.

Ethernet Switching

‎07-08-2014 03:19 AM

Mapping Switch and Hub Ports
Port mapping is done by discovering and correlating port information to MAC address and IP address information. The MAC and IP address information is discovered through a router or server directly connected to the same subnet as the switch or hub.
Switches and hubs that support the BRIDGE-MIB can be mapped. If you are not sure if your device supports the BRIDGE-MIB, try to use the tool. Many devices support this MIB. Device details for Switches and Hubs that do not support BRIDGE-MIB cannot be discovered.