Ethernet Switching
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Regular Visitor
0 Kudos

CPU Clock Component Issue on Affected Juniper Devices (Intel Atom C2000 Faulty)

[ Edited ]

Just in case anyone hasn't happened to hear this news.  It was difficult to find an official article by Juniper on this earlier this week but something finally was just published 2/17/2017.

https://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=TSB17030&cat=&actp=LIST&showDraft=false&smlo...

Recognized Expert
0 Kudos

Re: CPU Clock Component Issue on Affected Juniper Devices (Intel Atom C2000 Faulty)

Good find, thanks for the head's up.

Distinguished Expert
0 Kudos

Re: CPU Clock Component Issue on Affected Juniper Devices (Intel Atom C2000 Faulty)

Yes, I read about it, but just lke you said nothing officail other than what reddit had posted. Hopefully the consumers using the product get the fix before it crashes. I think Juniper should reach out to them or even pay for an ad. The cost of both efforts will be worth much less than if a major consumer's systems were bricked. That fallout would be monumental.

[KUDOS PLEASE! If you think I earned it!
If this solution worked for you please flag my post as an "Accepted Solution" so others can benefit..]
Recognized Expert
0 Kudos

The official note is TSB17030 -  https://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=TSB17030&smlogin=true&actp=search 

The

PRODUCT AFFECTED:

MPC7E-10G

MPC7E-MRATE

MX2K-MPC8E

MX2K-MPC9E

EX9200-12QS

EX9200-40Xs

FPC3-PTX-U2

FPC3-PTX-U3

FPC3-SFF-PTX-U1

CB2-PTX

PTX-IPLC-B-32

PTX-ILA-M-AC

PTX-ILA-M-CHAS

The only switching products affected are the latest module for EX9200, which have not been out long enough to even get near the time period for potential failure.  Juniper is addressing this whole situation, a lot more customer centric than Cisco for sure.

Distinguished Expert
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

That is super news!! Good to hear!!

[KUDOS PLEASE! If you think I earned it!
If this solution worked for you please flag my post as an "Accepted Solution" so others can benefit..]
Distinguished Expert
0 Kudos

Yeah, Intel really messed up on this one.  Cisco had the misfortune to use this chip on a LOT of devices.  Luckily for us Juniper only had this on a limited set.

Still waiting for the other shoe to drop with all the other major vendors as they sort out where they used this chip and if the design hits the bug.

Steve Puluka BSEET
Juniper Ambassador
Senior IP Engineer - DQE Communications Pittsburgh, PA (Metro Ethernet & ISP)
JNCIA-Junos JNCIS-SEC JNCIP-SEC JNCSP-SEC
JNCIS-FWV
JNCDA JNCDS-DC JNCDS-SEC
JNCIS-SP
ACE PanOS 6 ACE PanOS 7
http://puluka.com/home