Ethernet Switching
Highlighted
Ethernet Switching

Cannot add static ip on Ex 3300 which is configured with DHCP

‎03-23-2016 08:14 PM

Hello,

I have EX 3300 POE switch  on which DHCP is configured , I cannot connect a machine in static IP to the ports in the switch, I heard about port secuirty and other issue can some one help me to resolve this here are teh details.

I have also tried the below command to which a meraki is connected but no luck, is there something else that needs to be done . (port 47) , i have also tried the same on another port on windows but its doent work.

set protocols igmp-snooping vlan all
set protocols rstp
set protocols lldp interface all
set protocols lldp-med interface all
set ethernet-switching-options secure-access-port interface ge-0/0/47.0 static-ip  x.x.x10 vlan 60
set ethernet-switching-options secure-access-port interface ge-0/0/47.0 static-ip x.x.x. 10 mac 00:1:41:bb:18:0a:3
set ethernet-switching-options storm-control interface all

Model: ex3300-48p
JUNOS Base OS boot [12.3R9.4]
JUNOS Base OS Software Suite [12.3R9.4]

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Ethernet Switching

Re: Cannot add static ip on Ex 3300 which is configured with DHCP

‎03-24-2016 01:52 AM

Sorry for stupid question, but what means "I cannot connect a machine in static IP to the ports in the switch"? Port no activared or you can not ping mashine with statis ip or in something another? Do you have static ip and dhcp in same networks/vlan?

Highlighted
Ethernet Switching

‎03-24-2016 01:57 AM

What I ment was  " DHCP works" but  when a machine is assigned with static IP its doesnt work, it wont connect to internet . As a work around I deactivated the DHCP spoofing and then found it working 

Highlighted
Ethernet Switching

‎03-24-2016 06:48 PM

binoybaby,

I want to know what happens if you do not set the secure static IP and mac address on the port.

Wonder if the Meraki will work, even though it is not requesting a DHCP, the DHCP snoop would ignore, is that correct.?

JNCIA-Junos