Switching

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  Class of service config error

Posted 09-11-2017 10:12

Can anyone explain the cos check-out failure I'm getting on a QFX-5100? I am also seeing this on an EX-4600.

set class-of-service interfaces et-0/0/16 unit 0 classifiers dscp test-classifier
    set class-of-service interfaces et-0/0/16 unit 0 rewrite-rules dscp test-rewrite

gives this error:

test@test# commit check 
    [edit interfaces]
      'et-0/0/16'
        Fixed/BA Classifier or Rewrite allowed only on  Physical interface with family inet configured
    error: configuration check-out failed

et-0/0/16 is configured with inet:

set interfaces et-0/0/16 unit 0 family inet address 10.0.0.2/30

Configuring with wildcard interfaces works fine:

{master:0}[edit]
    test@test# set class-of-service interfaces et-* unit 0 classifiers dscp test-classifier
    test@test# set class-of-service interfaces et-* unit 0 rewrite-rules dscp test-rewrite  
    test@test# commit check
    configuration check succeeds
    test@test#

Specifying individual interfaces works as expected on EX4300 and EX4200 platforms.

--Paul

• 2.  RE: Class of service config error
    Best Answer

Posted 09-11-2017 19:40

Hi Paul,

On QFX-5100, I think we don't support classifier and rewrite configuration on logical unit. We only support it only physical interface, that's why I think you are getting commit error, please refer to following link:

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/concept/cos-qfx-series-applying-classifiers-rewrite-rules-to-interfaces.html

Ethernet Interface Support for Most QFX Series Switches, and QFabric Systems

You cannot apply classifiers or rewrite rules to Layer 2 physical interfaces or to Layer 3 logical interfaces. Table 2 shows on which interfaces you can configure and apply classifiers and rewrite rules.

Table 2: Ethernet Interface Support for Classifier and Rewrite Rule Configuration (QFX5100, QFX5200, EX4600, QFX3500, and QFX3600 Switches, and QFabric Systems)

CoS Classifiers and Rewrite Rules

Layer 2 Physical Interfaces

Layer 2 Logical Interface (Unit 0 Only)

Layer 3 Physical Interfaces (If at Least One Logical Layer 3 Interface Is Defined)

Layer 3 Logical Interfaces

Fixed classifier

No

Yes

Yes

No

DSCP classifier

No

Yes

Yes

No

DSCP IPv6 classifier

No

Yes

Yes

No

IEEE 802.1p classifier

No

Yes

Yes

No

EXP classifier

Global classifier, applies only to all switch interfaces that are configured as family mpls. Cannot be configured on individual interfaces.

DSCP rewrite rule

No

Yes

Yes

No

DSCP IPv6 rewrite rule

No

Yes

Yes

No

IEEE 802.1p rewrite rule

No

Yes

Yes

No

EXP rewrite rule

No

Yes

Yes

No

Hope this helps

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If this post was helpful, please mark this post as an "Accepted Solution".
    Kudos are always appreciated!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Class of service config error

Posted 09-11-2017 20:12

Yup, it commits if I remove the unit specifier--thanks!