Switching

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  Configuring DHCP Snooping and DAI on EX Switches

Posted 06-08-2014 21:04

hi guys,

in my network environment now we have a pair of EX 4500 running on VC (Core Switch) and EX 4200 running on VC as well (2 stacks as edge switch) , connected and interfacing with EX 4500.

what i want to do now is to configure DHCP Snooping and DAI (dynamic ARP inspection) to prevent man-in the middle attacks.

Do i have to configure DHCP snooping and DAI on both the EX 4500 and 4200s? i assume i will need to set examine dhcp and arp inspection for all of my 20 vlans?

• 2.  RE: Configuring DHCP Snooping and DAI on EX Switches

Posted 06-10-2014 00:50

You need to configure security features only on the edge switch(where the potential attackers are connected).

=====

If this worked for you please flag my post as an "Accepted Solution" so others can benefit. A kudo would be cool if you think I earned it.

• 3.  RE: Configuring DHCP Snooping and DAI on EX Switches

Posted 06-10-2014 01:57

Hi Reggaez,

As per your scenario you should configure the DHCP-snooping & DAI  on EX-4200 switches(edge-switches).

and the command for configuring the DHCP-snooping & DAI  is,

#set ethernet-switching-options secure-access-port vlan <vlan-name> arp-inspection

#set ethernet-switching-options secure-access-port vlan <vlan-name> examine-dhcp

• 4.  RE: Configuring DHCP Snooping and DAI on EX Switches

Posted 06-22-2014 03:14

Hi suresh,

thanks for the info. now i have another question,  the DHCP server is running on a Hyper-V server and is connected to a Server Farm switch (CISCO 3750) , in this scenario, where do i set the trusted port for the DHCP snooping?

right now the setup is 

EX 4200 (Access Switches) ---> EX 4500 (Core) ---> Cisco 3750 (Server Farm) ----> DHCP Server.

do i set the trusted port at Cisco 3750? or i still need to set the trusted port at the core switch as well?

• 5.  RE: Configuring DHCP Snooping and DAI on EX Switches
    Best Answer

Posted 06-24-2014 23:18

The trunk ports connecting the access to the core and core to CISCO are DHCP trusted already.