I have a single EX3300 and I'm trying to learn MVLAN and/or PIM. Not sure what would work best for my topology, lets describe it:
* Single EX3300 switch
* Doing L3 routing with OSPF, both IPv4 and IPv6 towards an vSRX in VMWare working fine.
* l3-interfaces on all VLANs
* Dedicated VLAN for Multcast where I have an multicast source (Dedicated streaming server doing MPEG-TS)
* Subscribers are in VMWare with distributed switch and IGMP snooping enabled
* I have several routing instances but in this case the VLAN and interfaces are in the default one
* I'm not using ae interfaces to vmware or anything special.
* Running 12.3R12.4
I have not been successful at all to "travel" between VLANs,putting the reciver and server on the same vlan however work. I have seem a lot of guides about when you have a more distributed setup (several switches) but I just want to subscribe from my office VLAN (client) to my Multicast VLAN and would like to get suggestions about what the best way to do that.
* I can see that the multicast group on the source interface gets registered on the EX
* Have not yet troubleshooted any further, just VLC on the client.
Is there any good blog post about Multicast and Juniper EX covering the basics that I can use as a reference?