Switching

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  EX4500 error on inital login

Posted 04-13-2011 14:59

Hello,
         I just unboxed my first EX4500.  When logging in for the first time I was presented w/ the following message.  The file doesn't really say what the package installed is or why it has limited support.  Does anyone have any insight to this, or if I should be concerned about this?
    --- JUNOS 11.1R1.10 built 2011-03-16 08:12:24 UTC
    At least one package installed on this device has limited support.
    Run 'file show /etc/notices/unsupported.txt' for details.
    Thanks,
    Will

#11.1
    #ex4500
    #JUNOS
    #Error

• 2.  RE: EX4500 error on inital login
    Best Answer

Posted 04-13-2011 18:46

Hi Will,

This is a known issue for a small number of EX4500's that were shipped without the default factory setting of 'virtual-chassis'  and jloader.  Both are easily corrected (See PSN for details) and non-impacting.

PSN-2011-04-219

http://www.juniper.net/alerts/viewalert.jsp?actionBtn=Search&txtAlertNumber=PSN-2011-04-219&viewMode=view

PSN Details:

A small amount of ex-4500s have been shipped without the standard factory default PIC settings. The default setting of pic-mode should be 'virtual-chassis' yet they are configured as 'interconnect'. In addition, these units were shipped with a jloader package which the system detects and generates a warning message upon login.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue.

Regards,
    Bob

• 3.  RE: EX4500 error on inital login

Posted 04-14-2011 14:42

Hello,

Making those changes appears to have fixed that message.

Thanks,

Will