Switching

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  Help on Upgrading JUNOS on EX2200 from 12.1 to 12.3 or newer.

Posted 08-12-2018 22:28

Hi guys,

I'm a newbie here with Juniper switches please don't get too hard on me. 😉

Ok, so we just took over a property with a bunch EX2200 for their Access Point. 

I'm trying to upgrade the JUNOS because I think it's pretty old. 

The current version is 12.1R5.5 and I'm seeing I can have it upgraded to 12.3 or 14 or even 15 version. 

So I did try it slowly by using the 12.3 version first by using the Web GUI. 

I did the Maintenance -> Software -> Upload Package -> Upload and Install Package. 

I uploaded and install the 12.3R12 version of firmware but for some reason I don't think it's updating because after rebooting the switch manually, I'm still seeing the current 12.1 version Junos. 

Am I missing something here, guys?

I know this is probably pretty easy problem to fix. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!!

• 2.  RE: Help on Upgrading JUNOS on EX2200 from 12.1 to 12.3 or newer.
    Best Answer

Posted 08-13-2018 04:34

Note that 12.3 is the highest Junos recommended for the ex2200 due to memory limitations.  The version you are trying is the highest recommended 12.3r12

https://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB21476

Since the update is failing with jweb you need to see why.  Check to see if there are any logs.

show log messages

If not, try doing the upgrade on the cli so you get the feedback and try the validate option first on the cli

request system software validate FILENAME

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/task/installation/ex-series-software-installing-single-routing-engine-cli.html