Switching

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  Interface list disapear

Posted 11-29-2017 22:23

Hi,

We have restored configuration file on EX4200 and successfully commit the configuration. All interface configuration already there on EX.

But while i run "show interface terse" command, there is no interface shown on the screen.

I also run "show chassis fpc" command but there is no result.

Plz suggest how can i fix this issue.

Thank you..

• 2.  RE: Interface list disapear

Posted 12-04-2017 07:00

Were the results normal before the configuration was applied?

This could be either a hardware or config related problem.  With the config there would likely be something in the way a virtual chassis was setup for this device or stack.

I would try rolling back to default via zeroize and reboot.  then confirm the hardware all comes up normally.

• 3.  RE: Interface list disapear
    Best Answer

Posted 12-05-2017 22:38

Yes. before commiting the configuration, i was able to see all interfaces. The switch is member of VC.

Resolution  - deleted the current configuration, set password, commit the config and restart the switch.

Once switch come up restore the config and we were able to see interface  but it took 30 minuits network down time.

Previously same inscident happend and JTAC used some command and restore the interface without deleting the configuration.

Thank you..

• 4.  RE: Interface list disapear

Posted 12-06-2017 02:21

Ouch, hope this never happens to me.

Did you have to reboot all members or just the affected new member.

• 5.  RE: Interface list disapear

Posted 12-06-2017 04:08

I just rebooted afected new member.  There is no interface on EX so he could not become VC member.