Ethernet Switching
Highlighted
Ethernet Switching

Juniper-2200 issue

‎03-05-2012 05:54 AM

Hi all,

Juniper Ex-2200 switch having issues from some days.it was working good from few months  but now it having some reachability/not able to ping MGMT ip issue ,at the same time user connected to that not having any issue while browsing.May be it is MAC address issue or Please someone can help us. After rebooting switch problem got resolved but issue will reoccure again after some days.

What will be the problem.Please help.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Ethernet Switching

Re: Juniper-2200 issue

‎03-05-2012 08:25 AM

hi dear...

The problem you are mentioning should not arise as everything was working fine earlier and if u have not made any changes recently... However, I have one suggestion to u from my experience,, (although it isnot very pertinent to ur problem but generally it works), tht is, u upgrade version of JunOS firmware... whichever u r using rite now, better upgrade to latest stable firmware,, and hopefully u will find things geting better.. i wish it to work for u...

NASIR RAZA
JNCIA-JUNOS, JNCIS-ENT.
Highlighted
Ethernet Switching

‎03-07-2012 04:48 AM

Hi,

Five to six switches having same issue and switches having JUNOS 10.4R1.9 and JUNOS 10.3R1.9.

I dont think differeny junos having same problems.

Experts your input please.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Ethernet Switching

‎04-04-2012 12:58 PM

We have also ex2200 where we have packet-loss on the egress interface. Try this command to check

show interfaces queue [Interface]

If you see tail dropped packets you know where the problem is.

I've opened a ticket for JTAC and hope for an answer soon

Highlighted
Ethernet Switching

‎04-04-2012 01:51 PM

Recommended release for the EX-2200 right now is 10.4r9. The "r" releases do fix a lot of issues. See http://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB21476&smlogin=true

A PR search on support.juniper.net shows 683 EX-Series issues tracked between 10.4r1 and 10.4r9. They won't all be relevant to you. Still, going to current recommended is a good idea. If you then still have the issue, definitely track with JTAC/ATAC.

You can also use rollback ? to see where changes have been made, and show | comp rollback X where "X" is the rollback number when things were still working, to see whether there was a config change after all that may have caused this.

Highlighted
Ethernet Switching

‎04-05-2012 12:08 AM

Hi Nilsw,

We have a client experiencing this same issue with 10.4r1 - the entire routing-engine seems to lock up after a period of time and only a reboot will fix it.

We're going to try upgrading to 10.4r9 and see if it resolves the issue.

Ben Dale
JNCIP-ENT, JNCIP-SP, JNCIP-DC, JNCIE-SEC #63
Juniper Ambassador
Follow me @labelswitcher
Feedback