Switching

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  Limiting Targeted Broadcast

Posted 03-20-2013 05:51

Hardware: EX-4200

Software: JUNOS 10.4R5.5

My Googling has failed.  I'm aware of how to enable the use of targeted broadcast, but I'm trying to find a way to limit who can do so.  In the Cisco world, it was as simple as specifying an ACL after the command.  Here, I'm assuming we're dealing with the firewall, but I'm not entirely sure what my ruleset is going to be.  I've tried applying a firewall ruleset on my Ingress VLAN allowing the server I need to hit the broadcast address of the subnet and denying all others, but this does not appear to be working.  Thanks for any help you can provide.

• 2.  RE: Limiting Targeted Broadcast
    Best Answer

Posted 03-20-2013 13:11

Never mind on this.  I was exactly right in what I was doing.  It helps if the server admin gives you the correct IP for his box.

• 3.  RE: Limiting Targeted Broadcast

Posted 03-21-2013 20:09

🙂 I was about to write it out and specify the <server_ip> but that is awesome. Great. 

• 4.  RE: Limiting Targeted Broadcast

• 5.  RE: Limiting Targeted Broadcast

Posted 03-24-2013 23:54

Why does the targeted-broadcast is not functioning after I connected both switch using trunk ?