Switching

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  Minimum number of VPC links for Virtual Chassis on EX3300

Posted 08-10-2019 15:05

This has not been covered in any KB, anywhere. As the EX3300 platform does not have dedicated VC links, nor an unlimited number of 10G ports I have tried to configure a single 10G port for my VPC but I have not been able to get my VC working. 

Is this configuration supported despite its not mentioned anywhere? 

• 2.  RE: Minimum number of VPC links for Virtual Chassis on EX3300

Posted 08-10-2019 17:37
    Yes, one port will work fine (ignoring lack of redundancy). I’ve never configured a 3300 but this notes that only 2 and 3 are set to VC by default. It’s also possible someone has set them to data ports and they need to be set back.

“EX3300 switches—Explicitly configuring VCPs is usually not needed when configuring an EX3300 Virtual Chassis. Uplink ports 2 and 3 on an EX3300 switch are configured as VCPs by default and, therefore, do not require user configuration to be set as VCPs. We recommend that you use this procedure to configure an uplink port on an EX3300 switch as a VCP only if you configured ports 2 and 3 as network uplink ports and the ports need to be reconfigured as VCPs, or when ports 2 and 3 cannot be used as VCPs for some reason. You can use this procedure to configure any uplink port on an EX3300 switch as a VCP.”

From: https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/task/configuration/virtual-chassis-ex4200-uplink-vcp-cli.html

• 3.  RE: Minimum number of VPC links for Virtual Chassis on EX3300
    Best Answer

Posted 08-11-2019 01:54

Setting only one VC port worked fine, the VC was formed