Ethernet Switching
Ethernet Switching

NSSU on QFX5110

‎09-19-2019 05:37 AM

Hi,

I've read that NSSU is not supported on a QFX5110 VCF.
https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/task/installation/vcf-software-upgrades.htm...

To which extent is this true?

- Is it possible to NSSU a VC?

When will this be possible to NSSU a VCF?

In my customers situation this is quite bad and we have to think about replacing 5110s or redisign with vxlan, if they are not going to support NSSU... otherwise the switches will be stuck on an old version cause the customer can't afford the downtime.

2 REPLIES 2
Ethernet Switching

Re: NSSU on QFX5110

‎09-19-2019 08:29 AM

Hi,

As per the juniper documentation, NSSU is not supported on QFX5110 VCF and there are software defects reported for NSSU on VC as well.

Before migrating from VCF to VXLAN environment, please check and verify with your desgin or Juniper account.

Ethernet Switching

Re: NSSU on QFX5110

‎09-19-2019 09:19 AM

There are no plans that I am aware of for NSSU support with VCF.  Attached is a "potential" alternative minimum downtime procedure for upgrading a VCF.  This is NOT Juniper certified or JTAC approved, but should work if followed correctly and precisely. 

As for NSSU for VC, full-support for QFX5K series should be coming in 19.3R1/19.4R1.  This will also include EX4600/EX4650, not sure about other EX Access, but suspect yes.

Good luck.

Attachments