Switching

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  Not able to access hosts in particular L3 subnet

Posted 06-13-2016 21:44

I have Juniper 4500/4200 switches; 4500 configured as L3 and multiple L3 subinterfaces are created  and tagged across  4200 switches in differnet locations.

My problem is that I am not able to access hosts in one subnet but able to ping L3 sub interface IP from any location, Checked end hosts ip address subnet mask and default gateway looks fine, pointed towards same sub interface IP created in 4500 (L3 switch)

Please advise...

• 2.  RE: Not able to access hosts in particular L3 subnet

Posted 06-14-2016 01:49

Hi,

I guess you are using RVI or irb for the L3 interfaces and segregating the subnets by VLANs.

Can you see the mac-addresses in the mac table for the hosts that are unreachable?

Can the hosts ping their gateway?

Appreciate if you could be more elaborate on the issue you facing and diagrams if any.

Cheers,
    Ashvin

• 3.  RE: Not able to access hosts in particular L3 subnet

Posted 06-14-2016 20:06

I am able to see the mac-address table of all the hosts in affected vlan and even arp entries also.Hosts in that subnet are also able to ping the default gateway as well.

Scenario is simple. One L3 switch and 10 L2 switches in that location connected using fiber links.

• 4.  RE: Not able to access hosts in particular L3 subnet
    Best Answer

Posted 06-15-2016 02:26

Hi,

Are you able to ping the hosts from the RVI interface?

Cheers,

Ashvin