Ethernet Switching
Ethernet Switching

Persistent Mac Learning - Junos requirements

‎10-24-2019 10:50 AM

Hello all you wonderful people!

I'm having to try to configure persistent mac learning on my EX3300 switches and well I'm not sure the Junos I am currently running supports it (or I just can't find the right command) We are currently running [12.3R9.4] - and when I try to enter the set interface {interface number} mac-limit command I don't have the mac-limit as an option Smiley Sad

It appears that it should be available  - but I can't configure it.

So is this something that has to be configured on the SRX router not the EX switch?

And yes - I am *very* confused.

Thanks in advance!

Lirria

2 REPLIES 2
Ethernet Switching
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lirria
‎10-24-2019 11:09 AM

Re: Persistent Mac Learning - Junos requirements

‎10-24-2019 11:06 AM

Hello,

Please try under give hierarchy

set ethernet-switching-options secure-access-port interface ge-0/0/0.0 mac-limit 1

set ethernet-switching-options secure-access-port interface ge-0/0/0.0 mac-limit action log

set ethernet-switching-options secure-access-port interface ge-0/0/0.0 persistent-learning

set ethernet-switching-options storm-control interface ge-0/0/0.0

Mark my response as solution if its solves your problem, kudos are appreciated too!

Thanks

Vishal

Ethernet Switching

Re: Persistent Mac Learning - Junos requirements

‎10-24-2019 11:12 AM

Yup that's it - thank you - I do feel rather stupid because about 5 minutes ago I stumbled into the

set ethernet-switching-options - (you don't want to know just how long I searched for it - let's just call it a blonde day Smiley Wink)

Really appreaciate the response to this.

Have a wonderful day!

Lirra