Ethernet Switching
Highlighted
Ethernet Switching

Port Mirroring - One to Many Outputs

‎09-30-2015 02:27 AM

Hi All,

Please I have a requirement of one to many port mirroring solution. I have six(6) Analyzers on the network and wants packets to be sent to all of the six analyzers.

is there any juniper solution that can meet this requirement?

I will be glad to get a solution, thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Ethernet Switching

Re: Port Mirroring - One to Many Outputs

‎09-30-2015 05:21 AM

What platform is this?

Check this link and see if it helps you based on the platform that you are using:

http://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos15.1/topics/concept/port-mirroring-ex-series.html#jd...

=====

If this worked for you please flag my post as an "Accepted Solution" so others can benefit. A kudo would be cool if you think I earned it.

Ethernet Switching

‎09-30-2015 08:56 AM

i have seen the documentation before now it does state that juniper can do a maximum of 2 egress ports on some devices while most only do 1 egress. for now, i am at the design stage of the solution and wants to be sure that juniper can do more than 2 egress points.

Ethernet Switching

‎10-01-2015 12:39 AM

Basically if you can create more than 1 analyzer, the you should be able to achieve what you want.

For instance you should be able to configure 6 analyzers with the same input interface, but different output interfaces for each one of them(I never tested this so I don't know if it's working).

Only on EX4550/EX4500/EX8200 you can configure more than 1 analyzer based on the information from the link I gave you.

For the QFX5100/EX4600, things are more complicated and requires research.

Same for EX9200.

=====

If this worked for you please flag my post as an "Accepted Solution" so others can benefit. A kudo would be cool if you think I earned it.

Ethernet Switching

[ Edited ]
‎10-17-2015 01:50 AM

Are these ports in the same vlan? you can mirror packets to a vlan and thus all the interfaces will get the packets.

https://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos14.1/topics/example/port-mirroring-remote-on-transit-swi...

[KUDOS PLEASE! If you think I earned it!
If this solution worked for you please flag my post as an "Accepted Solution" so others can benefit..]