Ethernet Switching
Highlighted
Ethernet Switching

QFX5100 LAG to Cisco 6500

‎10-16-2014 06:12 AM

I'm having difficulty getting layer 2 traffic to pass between a QFX5100 and a Cisoc 6500. The two are connected via a 6 pair 1G SFP LAG. I'm using LACP active on both sides. I've worked with JTAC and TAC. Both are pointing at the other piece of gear as the problem. The problem is I can see BPDU activity between the two. I can see activity on the ports that have a downsteam connection. But, there's nothing returning to those downstream devices. I have tested by plugging into either of the four vc-paired QFX's and nothing at all passes between the Cisco or Juniper.

I'm going to attach two files that show the output of the LACP setting from both sides that also include statistic output for either switch. I only have layer 2 setup on the QFX5100. I do not have any layer 3 interfaces for any of the VLANs that are interconnected between the two switches. From what I see it should be working. 

Attachments

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Ethernet Switching

Re: QFX5100 LAG to Cisco 6500

‎10-16-2014 11:59 AM

I'd start by getting rid of LACP. If traffic starts to flow, you can focus your troubleshooting on LACP specifically.

Can you do a 'show etherchannel detail' on the cisco first though?

Highlighted
Ethernet Switching

Re: QFX5100 LAG to Cisco 6500

[ Edited ]
‎10-16-2014 12:23 PM

Getting rid of LACP? Hmm..so, I took out LACP on the QFX first and got a down status on the 6500 side. I turned mode active to on (only other option seing its PaGP), I changed it to passive on the 6500 side and then back to active and changed it to QFX as passive and still got no. Attached is the output of both switches.

Attachments

Feedback