Ethernet Switching
Highlighted
Ethernet Switching

SKU last order date

‎06-26-2020 08:53 AM

hello,

I checked the portal yesterday and found that the below SKU : JNP-10G-SR-8PACK  last order was 25 /6/2020

So, what is the alternative ;  I mean is there any other module sold as a packet ?

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Ethernet Switching

Re: SKU last order date

‎06-26-2020 11:31 AM

Hi HDawood,

I tried looking it up for you and I could not find much about the SFP packs in the website.

I would recommend you to contact Customer Care and ask a representative for proper guide to find this information, They will put you in contact with a sales representative that will be able to provide accurate information about parts available, in this case the JNP 10G SFP pack.

hope it helps,

Cheers,

Benjamin

Highlighted
Ethernet Switching

‎06-26-2020 12:38 PM

Could you provide an e-mail of the customer care ?

Highlighted
Ethernet Switching

‎06-26-2020 01:39 PM
Try calling them.

1 408-745-9500

Cheers
Benjamin

Juniper Business Use Only
Highlighted
Ethernet Switching

‎06-26-2020 06:29 PM

Hello Dawood

Greetings !!

You can conctact our customer Care representive they will provide you proper guidance with your query

https://support.juniper.net/support/requesting-support/

You can go the above link and depends on the region you can contact them 

If this solves your problem, please mark this post as "Accepted Solution".
If you think that my answer was helpful, please spend some Kudos

deeksha
Highlighted
Ethernet Switching

‎06-27-2020 05:11 AM

Hello,

I need an e-mail please .. 

Highlighted
Ethernet Switching

‎06-29-2020 07:56 AM

@HDawood I am not sure where you are getting your info from, but that SKU (JNP-10G-SR-8PACK) is still in the Juniper Price List as of June, and I do not remember any End of Sale announcement for that SKU, nor could I find any.

Now if indeed that SKU is now EoS, the replacement would be to purchase [in qty of 8] any other of the many 10GE-SR SKUs - these all now provide the same optic.

The 8-pack SKU provided no price reduction, was just created to ease of ordering large quantities.  I believe this was not a popular item, as most people just order the single unit SKU with proper quantities.

Hopefully this helps.  I doubt Customer Care would know anymore, as these are product PLM decisions.

Highlighted
Ethernet Switching

[ Edited ]
‎07-01-2020 01:37 PM

I'm sure that this SKU last order was on 25/6/2020 - as per juniper website ..

Also for your information this was very cost effiective in case of large numbers of 10 G  fiber connections ..

Highlighted
Ethernet Switching

‎07-06-2020 07:36 AM

@HDawood wrote:

I'm sure that this SKU last order was on 25/6/2020 - as per juniper website ..

If you could provide exact URL that would be great, as this SKU (JNP-10G-SR-8PACK) is in the Juniper July/2020 pricebook, so this SKU is not End of Sale.

JNP-10G-SR-8PACK  

Optics bundle with a pack of 8 QFX-SFP-10GE-SR optics for QFX and EX series products.   List Price is $8400

Note the List price for 1 x 10GE SFP is $1040 (8 x $1040 = $8400 the list price of the 8pack). FYI

Also for your information this was very cost effiective in case of large numbers of 10 G  fiber connections ..

Highlighted
Ethernet Switching

‎07-06-2020 01:57 PM

Hello  

As You mentioned information differs from what I mentioned so please check the configurator tool at juniper website to assure from what I say.

from here :

https://partners.juniper.net/partnercenter/sales/configurator/index.page

I have brought screen shots from the website as per the below :

juniper.jpg

Regarding the price kindl ycheck the below secreen shot :

juniper.jpg

and the one cost is 1500 $ as per the below :

juniper.jpg

Highlighted
Ethernet Switching

‎07-06-2020 03:53 PM

OK, you are using the configurator.  I had never used Last Order date as part of a search within the configurator.  I believe this field to be inaccurate, at least as far as an actual last order date.  If you go into the configurator and search for SKU (and only checking SKU criteria box) that contains (not 😃 8PACK, you'll see the various (total of 3) 8PACK SKUs.  Now go and check last order date criteria box, and you'll see today's date.  If you repeat tomorrow, the last order date will change to 7/7/2020, I believe. If you add a specific = date for that field, no matches will be returned.  I have no idea why this field is even in there.  If a SKU shows up under a search, it is orderable.

For any SKU to go End of Sale (which starts End of Life process) there must be an annoucement, typically via some TSB or KB.  I could not find any such announcement for 8Pack SKU.

Now if you search on contains 10GE-SR, you'll see an MX SKU at list price of $1050, vs $1500.  Since everything sold by Juniper through Partners is discounted, the list price often has little relevance to actual sale price.

I hope this may help.

Highlighted
Ethernet Switching

‎07-07-2020 12:07 AM

Totally agree ..

Feedback