Ethernet Switching
Highlighted
Ethernet Switching

SRX1500 cluster issues

‎01-19-2020 08:20 PM

Hello,

Model: srx1500
Junos: 15.1X49-D110.4

I run a chassis cluster of 2x SRX1500 devices and monitor two interfaces (one from each node) in redundancy-group 1:

set chassis cluster redundancy-group 1 interface-monitor xe-0/0/16 weight 100
set chassis cluster redundancy-group 1 interface-monitor xe-7/0/16 weight 100
An issue recently took down xe-0/0/16 and the reth0 interface went down! I was expecting that xe-7/0/16 will keep the reth interface up and running. I do not have LACP enabled on this cluster, however, I can see in the log that kernel throws out this message stating mini-links not met? Confused as to how JunOS decides to show this up without LACP or any sort of min-links config for reth0 (as well as no config of min-links on the box)

/kernel: ae_bundlestate_ifd_change: bundle reth0: bundle IFD minimum bandwidth or minimum links not met, Bandwidth (Current : Required) 0 : 1 Number of links (Current : Required) 0 : 1
Is this expected where reth0 internally runs some sort of min-link code? It is clear that if does that, its incorrect as another interface is available for its operation.

set interfaces xe-0/0/16 gigether-options redundant-parent reth0
set interfaces xe-7/0/16 gigether-options redundant-parent reth0

any thoughts?

thanks in advance,
-muddasir
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Ethernet Switching

Re: SRX1500 cluster issues

‎01-20-2020 02:10 AM

turned out to be the weight not decrementing to <255 and RG failover did not take place.

modifying weight to 255 and simulating a failover seems to have done the trick.

set chassis cluster redundancy-group 1 interface-monitor xe-0/0/16 weight 255
set chassis cluster redundancy-group 1 interface-monitor xe-7/0/16 weight 255

and regarding the min-link:

Redundant Ethernet interface configuration also includes a minimum-links setting that allows you to set a minimum number of physical child links on the primary node in a given redundant Ethernet interface that must be working for the interface to be up. The default minimum-links value is 1. Note that the minimum-links setting only monitors child links on the primary node. Redundant Ethernet interfaces do not use physical interfaces on the backup node for either ingress or egress traffic.

(https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/topic-map/security-chassis-cluster-redundan...)