Ethernet Switching
Ethernet Switching

Two separate networks connected together thru MGTM vlan and MX with LAN and LAN2

‎06-05-2019 08:50 AM

Experts,

I wonder if I can atchieve what is on the picture. MX has LAN1 and LAN2, I would like to have access from right side of network to left throught MGTM network but Vlan 16 should be connected directly to MX LAn2 and all traffic from that vlan should goes to MX LAN2 - any ideas? 

Attachments

2 REPLIES 2
Ethernet Switching

Re: Two separate networks connected together thru MGTM vlan and MX with LAN and LAN2

‎06-05-2019 04:57 PM

Not sure I follow the logical vlan layout from the physical diagram.

Is the gateway address for the v16 vlan on the ex3400 or the MX?

If it is on the ex3400, is there a default route on the ex3400 and to the MX 10.10.10.1?

If there are layer 3 interfaces in both vlans on the ex3400 they will see each other directly

But unless there is a default route installed they won't be able to see or reach the v1 subnet which appears to be only on the MX.

Steve Puluka BSEET - Juniper Ambassador
IP Architect - DQE Communications Pittsburgh, PA (Metro Ethernet & ISP)
http://puluka.com/home
Ethernet Switching

Re: Two separate networks connected together thru MGTM vlan and MX with LAN and LAN2

‎06-20-2019 01:59 AM

Hi,

As I understand your topology, you have two possible options:

1) Plug in the MGMT port to the regular (non-mgmt) port and assign to VLAN16 second address from 10.10.10.0/24 network

2) COnfigure IRB interface for VLAN16 in EX3400 and use it as inline mgmt interface.

Of course, the best way to keep the mgmt network separately.