Ethernet Switching
Highlighted
Ethernet Switching

Unable to change VLAN assignment on EX4200

‎11-11-2014 04:48 AM

Hi All,

Having a problem changing a VLAN port assignment. I get the below error when I try and commit the change:

There were error(s) delivering the configuration.

Error(s):
'ethernet-switching'

1) Access interface ge-0/0/7.0 cannot have native-vlan-id
2) configuration check-out failed

I believe this is because the previous engineer, who admittledly knew a lot more about Juniper than me has placed some of the ports in to groups:

interfaces {
interface-range data_ports {
member-range ge-0/0/0 to ge-0/0/47;
unit 0 {
family ethernet-switching {
port-mode trunk;
vlan {
members phones;
}
native-vlan-id data;
}
}
}
interface-range servers {
member-range ge-1/0/16 to ge-1/0/35;
unit 0 {
vlan {
members data;
}
}
}
}

I need to know how to break the port group so I can configure an individual port via JWEB. When the group is broken the ports will need to keep their assigned VLAN but allow me to change them as and when it is needed.

Hoping you guys can help! There are two switches in the stack and they are running 12.3R6.6

Thanks again.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Ethernet Switching

Re: Unable to change VLAN assignment on EX4200

‎11-11-2014 04:56 AM

This will require a lot of work from your side to break down the interface range and configure separately each interface.

This is how you can find out what configuration is the interface range pushing to each interface.

Although ge-0/0/0 doesn't have any configuration, it still has one inherited from the interface range:

{master:1}[edit]
root@EX4200# show interfaces interface-range data_ports | display set       
set interfaces interface-range data_ports member-range ge-0/0/0 to ge-0/0/47
set interfaces interface-range data_ports unit 0 family ethernet-switching port-mode trunk
set interfaces interface-range data_ports unit 0 family ethernet-switching vlan members phones
set interfaces interface-range data_ports unit 0 family ethernet-switching native-vlan-id data

root@EX4200# show interfaces interface-range data_ports                     
member-range ge-0/0/0 to ge-0/0/47;
unit 0 {
        port-mode trunk;
        vlan {
            members phones;
        }
        native-vlan-id data;
    }
}

root@EX4200# show interfaces ge-0/0/0  

root@EX4200# show interfaces ge-0/0/0 | display inheritance no-comments | display set           
set interfaces ge-0/0/0 unit 0 family ethernet-switching port-mode trunk
set interfaces ge-0/0/0 unit 0 family ethernet-switching vlan members phones
set interfaces ge-0/0/0 unit 0 family ethernet-switching native-vlan-id data

root@EX4200#

So you will need to add in the configuration each interface, one by one.

=====

If this worked for you please flag my post as an "Accepted Solution" so others can benefit. A kudo would be cool if you think I earned it.

Highlighted
Ethernet Switching

Re: Unable to change VLAN assignment on EX4200

‎11-14-2014 03:16 AM

Rather than individually configuring interfaces, or relying on the interface-range construct, you can use wildcard range to get the best of both worlds in my opinion.  Rather than staying in the configuration like an interface-range, the wildcard range is a macro that expands the configuration based on some simple patterns:

wildcard range set interfaces ge-[0-3]/0/[0-47] unit 0 family ethernet-switching port-mode access vlan members data

The above command would add ports 0-47 on switches 0-3 of a virtual-chassis all as access-ports in the "data" VLAN by building out all of the configuration commands for you.  Makes pretty quick work of getting rid of interface-ranges if you do not like that particular construct.

-Ron

JNCIE-SEC #127
JNCIE-ENT #489