Switching

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  WRITE ERASE COMMAND FOR JUNOS

Posted 03-03-2010 10:25

Hi

Can anyone tell me if there is a write erase command similar to the cisco ios one that can be used on the EX-3200's ? I have to perform a DR test and remove the current pre-production config and quickly load the production config.

I'm not at the kit now so can't figure this out myself, but I still need to know how long it will take me to wipe the config and paste on the new one.

Thanks in advance

• 2.  RE: WRITE ERASE COMMAND FOR JUNOS

Posted 03-03-2010 10:31

Hi,

>I'm not at the kit now so can't figure this out myself, but I still need to know how long it will take me to wipe the config and paste on the new one.

Just use following command to load new configuration in conf mode:

load override /var/home/.../newconfig.txt

commit

Instead of file-name you can also use URL (like ftp://test:testpass@1.1.1.1/var/tmp/newconfig.txt)

Kind Regards

Michael Pergament

If this worked for you please flag my post as an "Accepted Solution" so others can benefit. A kudo would be cool if you think I earned it.

• 3.  RE: WRITE ERASE COMMAND FOR JUNOS

Posted 03-03-2010 14:21

Also, if you don't want to transfer the config file to the box, you can go into config mode.  type "delete" (it will ask if you are sure, say yes.)  Then "load merge terminal"  paste in the config.  "ctrl+d"  and then commit.  As long as the config is clean (no typos) then it will work.  

Hope that helps,

Clay

• 4.  RE: WRITE ERASE COMMAND FOR JUNOS

Posted 03-16-2012 18:51

it's good way ,thx

• 5.  RE: WRITE ERASE COMMAND FOR JUNOS

Posted 03-19-2012 12:08

When I need to load a whole config I dump the config into a file and load it. Requires some very basic knowledge of VIM and unix:

1. start shell

2. vim /var/tmp/load.txt

3. Hit i

4. ctrl+v to paste in the config

5. ESC and wq

6. exit back to cli

7. config

8. Delete

9. load set load.txt

10. commit check

• 6.  RE: WRITE ERASE COMMAND FOR JUNOS

Posted 05-31-2012 12:51

Wanna know like from a brand new box?

request system zeroize [clears everything from flash, factory reset pretty much :)]

then connect console,

config mode

delete

yes

load replace terminal

[paste]

CTRL+D

commit