Switching

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  Wanted: GRE client for Windows

Posted 01-04-2010 18:16

Hi,

EX series switches can mirror ports towards a GRE tunnel so that remote port mirroring is possible. To achieve this, I need to terminate the GRE tunnel on my PC and attach a sniffer software to the tunnel endpoint.

Are anyone of you are aware of a GRE software under Windows? I found only UNIX stuff but would like to avoid install a VM on my PC.

Regards,

Dominik

• 2.  RE: Wanted: GRE client for Windows
    Best Answer

Posted 01-05-2010 10:11

Hi Dominik,

mirroring over GRE is a roadmap item which is not available at the moment. It is also not commited in any release at the moment.

If this worked for you please flag my post as an "Accepted Solution" so others can benefit. A kudo would be cool if you think I earned it.

Kind Regards

Michael Pergament

• 3.  RE: Wanted: GRE client for Windows

Posted 01-05-2010 10:19

Hi Michael,

strange, I could sear that I have read this in the JUNOS documentation. But due to the lack of an Windows GRE client I have done port mirroring only in the classic way.

Regards,

Dominik

• 4.  RE: Wanted: GRE client for Windows

Posted 01-05-2010 10:23

Hi Dominik,

we state that hardware is capable to do GRE encapsulation but this feature is not available as of now. Do you have any pointers to our documentation where this is stated?

Kind Regards

Michael Pergament

• 5.  RE: Wanted: GRE client for Windows

Posted 01-05-2010 10:25

Can't remember in the moment. Will forward the link to you if you find it again.

Regards,

Dominik

• 6.  RE: Wanted: GRE client for Windows

Posted 01-05-2010 10:30

Hi,

I think it is very straigh forward to write a small script in Perl to accomplish what you want (once this feature is available on EX:) 😞

http://search.cpan.org/~gomor/Net-Frame-Layer-GRE-1.04/lib/Net/Frame/Layer/GRE.pm

Kind Regards

Michael Pergament

• 7.  RE: Wanted: GRE client for Windows

Posted 01-05-2010 10:32

I will unwrap my perl skills when the feature is there.

Kind regards,

Dominik