Switching

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  cannot ping through vpn

Posted 07-21-2014 07:09

Hi Everyone,

I have a EX-8208 as a core switch and I have multiple EX-4200 Virtual Chassis connected to this switch distributed throughout our buidling.  I have two vlans setup.  Vlan 100 (192.10.100.x) for our first floor and vlan 200 (192.10.200.x) for our second floor.

I have a Microsoft vpn server (rras) configured on the second floor and when I connect to the vpn, I am able to ping all the hosts on the second floor but none on the first floor.

A couple of things.

1. yes, I have a route configured on the vpn to forward 192.10.100.x to the core switch.

2. I can ping hosts from vlan 100 to vlan 200 and vice versa.

3. sometimes, vpn clients CAN ping hosts on the first floor but it is not consistent.

I know this sounds like the problem is on the vpn side but I want to make sure that I am not overlooking anything on the juniper side.  Any thoughts/ideas is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: cannot ping through vpn
    Best Answer

Posted 07-22-2014 01:29

check the gateway on the pc you are vpned from. Create a static route on the the PC to the vlan you cannot ping and test it.

• 3.  RE: cannot ping through vpn

Posted 07-23-2014 11:02

That worked!  I tried to click on kudos but it won't work..