Switching

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  file copy source dest; show system storage shows plenty of space; yet 'no space on device'

Posted 11-30-2016 21:17

Why is this thrown ? When I try to 'file copy source (ftp) dest (/var/tmp/)' yet /var/tmp has 339Mb available and the jinstall package for EX2200 is only 97Mb ? 😕

See attached png.

Untitled.png

• 2.  RE: file copy source dest; show system storage shows plenty of space; yet 'no space on device'

Posted 11-30-2016 21:19

Infact.. why am I seeing verbose output referencing '/var/home/MANAGER' in the output of the command.. I never referred to this in my destination path parameter ?

• 3.  RE: file copy source dest; show system storage shows plenty of space; yet 'no space on device'
    Best Answer

Posted 12-07-2016 20:55

I think it tries to pull it first to a temp file. And a path in /var/home corroborates that because 65% of 95 MB = 61.75 MB = free space on the /var mount point.

As a workaround, I'd suggest starting a shell, navigating to /var/tmp/ and then using the ftp client directly to download the file.

Interestingly, a quick search of JunOS documentation shows a multitude of example for uploading files to FTP, but not for downloading ... Go figure.

• 4.  RE: file copy source dest; show system storage shows plenty of space; yet 'no space on device'

Posted 12-07-2016 21:01
    Agreed. Accessing literal shell and leveraging the client there is best..

• 5.  RE: file copy source dest; show system storage shows plenty of space; yet 'no space on device'

Posted 12-07-2016 22:06

if you navigate to /var/tmp and copy is it still failing. It should ot fail then.