Switching

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  how to delete virtual chassis configuration?

Posted 01-07-2010 06:35

Hi,

I want to add a switch (which was in previously in some other virtual chassis) in a existing virtual chassis as line card. I just want to delete its virtual chassis configuration before adding in new virtual chassis. Is it possible with out making it factory default?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: how to delete virtual chassis configuration?

Posted 01-07-2010 09:36

Hi,

the most easiest way to do so is to use LCD display to load factory default. May I ask you why you do not want to use this option (just 3 clicks)?

Kind Regards

Michael Pergament

If this worked for you please flag my post as an "Accepted Solution" so others can benefit. A kudo would be cool if you think I earned it.

• 3.  RE: how to delete virtual chassis configuration?

Posted 01-07-2010 14:48

If you have accidentally left "fpc X maintenance-menu disable" on before removing it you will need to go to the serial console and delete the entire configuration, set the root password, and commit the empty config, this deletes the VC config as well..

I'm not sure what the outcome is when a EX that has been part of a VC is joined to another one, but I suspect the outcome is not pretty.

But as Michael said, restoring to factory defaults via the front panel is the easiest way, you have to attach a new VC member with a blank (or carefull preconfigured) config.

• 4.  RE: how to delete virtual chassis configuration?

Posted 01-13-2010 05:51

Hi Michael,

Actually let me describe my problem. I had three switches in virtual chassis configuration. I removed two switches from this VC and put one new switch as line card in virtual chassis configuraiton. When I run show virtual-chassis on master switch then its still showing previous switches.

How can I solve this problem? Should I clear some thing related to virtual chassis on master switch?

Thanks

• 5.  RE: how to delete virtual chassis configuration?
    Best Answer

Posted 01-13-2010 06:21

Hi,

please try:

run request virtual-chassis recycle member-id (put your old non-existent member IDs here)

Kind Regards

Michael Pergament

If this worked for you please flag my post as an "Accepted Solution" so others can benefit. A kudo would be cool if you think I earned it.

• 6.  RE: how to delete virtual chassis configuration?

Posted 01-13-2010 21:30

Hi

Thanks Michael. It worked 🙂