Ethernet Switching
Ethernet Switching

importing config on ex2300, error message "members information missing from provisioning database"

‎09-06-2019 10:30 AM

Ran into a strange issue trying to import a config on a new 2-member stack of ex2300 switches. When I load settings on the terminal it comes back with a failed check out: "members information missing from the provisioning database"

I figured I had the serial number wrong, checked them and everything was good. Still could not import the config. 

Decided to just type in the virtual chassis information instead of import it, and it worked fine when done manually isntead of importing, commands typed exactly the same with same serial numbers. Imported the remaining config with no problems.

These are running version 18.1R3.3

Anyone else run into something like this, anything I should be concerned about?

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6
Ethernet Switching

Re: importing config on ex2300, error message "members information missing from provisioning database"

‎09-06-2019 04:39 PM

Hi trink408,

The error is usually seen when the VC is non-preprovisioned but the imported config includes some related to pre-provisioned VC.  See this link about the difference in config as you might already know:

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/task/configuration/virtual-chassis-qfx-seri...

What does the VC config (show configuration virtual-chassis) and the changes tried look like? 

Hope this helps.

Regards,
-r.

--------------------------------------------------

If this solves your problem, please mark this post as "Accepted Solution."
Kudos are always appreciated Smiley Happy.

Ethernet Switching

Re: importing config on ex2300, error message "members information missing from provisioning database"

‎09-10-2019 08:23 AM

Thanks for the link.

Part of my imported config includes the command to set the VC to preprovisioned. This is the same process I use for all of our deployments, and it's the first time I ran into the problem. Not sure why. 

Ethernet Switching

‎09-10-2019 08:39 AM

trink408 do you have a case open for this?  If yes, what is case number?  If no, why not?

Ethernet Switching

‎09-12-2019 04:23 AM

I do not have a case open for this, I just manually entered the same commands instead of importing them in the config. I will be deploying more stacks in the near future, so I will see if it comes up again. 

Ethernet Switching

‎09-12-2019 05:05 AM

I don't see previous reports of this issue.  It should be good if you open a case and give us the file to test it in the lab and see if we can replicate.

Ethernet Switching

‎09-12-2019 06:55 AM

Hi trink408,

As I said, its expected to see the error if the VC provisioning is different between existing config and imported config.  Agree with randero we need the existing VC config and imported config snippets to try it. 

If you're absolutely sure this works on other devices, then what's different on this one - Junos version? Unless we have some tangible info to play with, JTAC case might be the way to help you out on this one Smiley Happy.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
-r.

--------------------------------------------------

If this solves your problem, please mark this post as "Accepted Solution."
Kudos are always appreciated Smiley Happy.