Switching

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  ip unnumbered feature on EX series switches

Posted 11-02-2010 11:40

Hello!

Does anybody know if 'ip unnumbered' available on certain JUNOS release for EX series?

With  best regards,

Leonid Ryzhik

St. Petersburg, Russia

• 2.  RE: ip unnumbered feature on EX series switches

Posted 11-06-2010 05:01

It should be available on all JUNOS releases and has been a feature for awhile.

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos10.0/information-products/topic-collections/config-guide-network-interfaces/interfaces-configuring-an-unnumbered-interface.html

I don't have an EX handy to test, but the above document should get you started.

• 3.  RE: ip unnumbered feature on EX series switches
    Best Answer

Posted 11-07-2010 05:41

I did some digging around and this is what I have found.  IP unnumbered is not supported on the EX.  If you try and configure it, this is themessage you get.

jp@EX-3200-1# show interfaces ge-0/0/18  
    unit 0 {
        family inet {
            ##
            ## Warning: statement ignored: unsupported platform (ex3200-24t)
            ## Warning: referred interface must have address configured under family inet
            ##
            unnumbered-address lo0.0;
        }
    }

After more searching, it doesn't look like this feature is on the roadmap either.  If this is a feature you would like, please work with your SE to create an ehancement request (ER).  Other folks are asking for this feature - so the more that ask the better the chance of having it developed for the EX.

• 4.  RE: ip unnumbered feature on EX series switches

Posted 11-07-2010 06:41

Thank you, jwparks!

will kick SE for that feature...

With best regards,

Leonid Ryzhik

St. Petersburg, Russia