Ethernet Switching
Highlighted
Ethernet Switching

migrating from cisco to juniper EX3400 VC

‎05-04-2020 01:50 PM

I have 36 cisco switches that needs to be migrated over to Juniper EX3400 VC.  I know Juniper discontinue the migration tool they have on the web but I wish they still have it available or able to get offline copy.  Is there a way or tool out there that to convert the Cisco config to Juniper config?  I dont want to manually configure each ports on the Juniper EX3400 to match the Cisco configurations.   I just need the cisco port configurations migrated over to Juniper and nothing else.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Ethernet Switching

Re: migrating from cisco to juniper EX3400 VC

‎05-04-2020 04:22 PM

I might suggest you past your [single?] Cisco config here, and someone might be able to help.  I've done this before, and the biggest pain (IMHO) is converting port numbering.  Cisco starts with #1 as first number, while Juniper considers 0 a number.  If anyone has an easy way/tool to just convert that part, would save you a bunch of time.

Now if every Juniper switch is going to have the same config, or same 90% config, might be easiest to just start from scratch and make config on Juniper via cli or jweb or SKY Ent.

Just FYI.  Good luck.

Highlighted
Ethernet Switching

‎05-04-2020 11:08 PM

Hi jonisccp,

Alternately try contacting your sales team and see if they can help, maybe they can access archived tools and might be of some help.

//Nexon

Highlighted
Ethernet Switching

‎05-11-2020 01:20 PM

I remember I tool to migrate from legacy to ELS, but I don't remember any tool for Cisco to Juniper

What configuration do you need to migrate?

Highlighted
Ethernet Switching

‎05-16-2020 04:29 AM

Hey,

I think now there is no migration tool to perform this.

Share the configuration here if it is same on all switches and if not share every switch alone, and we will help You ..

Feedback