Switching

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  virtual MAC on VRRP configuration

Posted 05-12-2014 22:21

Do we use virtual mac on VRRP in case of Juniper ? We are using Cisco –Juniper as primary secondary setup in our network.

We see virtual mac in case of Cisco but not for Juniper SRX.

• 2.  RE: virtual MAC on VRRP configuration

Posted 05-13-2014 02:12

Hello,

"show vrrp detail|extensive" will show You VMAC

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos13.2/topics/reference/command-summary/show-vrrp.html

Virtual MAC

MAC address associated with the virtual IP address.

detail extensive

HTH

Thanks

Alex

• 3.  RE: virtual MAC on VRRP configuration

Posted 05-13-2014 17:15

I was just looking up some information on VRRP like two minutes ago. here is a little bit so far.

Options

group-id—VRRP group identifier. If you enable MAC source address filtering on the interface, you must include the virtual MAC address in the list of source MAC addresses that you specify in the source-address-filter statement. MAC addresses ranging from 00:00:5e:00:01:00 through 00:00:5e:00:01:ff are reserved for VRRP, as defined in RFC 2338. The VRRP group number must be the decimal equivalent of the last hexadecimal byte of the virtual MAC address.

I am reading the RFC 2338 as we speak:). If I come across anything interesting for VRRP MAC, I will copy and paste later.