Identity & Policy Control - SBR Carrier & SRC
Highlighted

[SBR C] Suppressing FastFail mechanism for static non-responding realm target

‎04-16-2013 12:17 AM

Hi,

Recently our customer asked us to setup an SBR configuration in which the SBR will have to replicate some of  our

proxied accounting requests and send them to a server which will only receive RADIUS accountings without having to reply with Acct-Response.

I've figured out to tackle this scenarion using Smart Static Accounting, but the problem is that the NAS clients will still have to get Acct-Response from the main proxy target, therefore preventing us from using the Block=0 configuration in the static realm .pro config file.

Using Block=1, in the other hand, will make the SBR wasted its resources for waiting accounting responses which will never come. Furthermore, I'm worried that the FastFail mechanism in the realm configuration will force the SBR to mark the static target as Down and stop proxying the accounting to it altogether.

Is it possible to omit the FastFail mechanism in some realms (without activating the default value in radius.ini file)? Can I achieve this by simply setting the FastFail MinFailures and ResetSeconds to 0 ?

Looking forward for comments & suggestions.

Thx.

-------------------------------------------------------
Adityo Ari Nugroho
JNCIP-ENT
Innovative Champion
the aim of my journey is the journey itself
3 REPLIES 3

Re: [SBR C] Suppressing FastFail mechanism for static non-responding realm target

‎04-16-2013 12:44 AM

Hello,

[smartAcct] section of the proxyrl.ini have three arguments.

[smartAcct1]
realm1=Primary
realm2=Wait
realm3=NoWait

Primary = Response from the realm is required to send Accounting-ACK to NAS.
Wait =Response or timeout from the realm is required by the proxy to send Accounting-ACK to NAS.
NoWait = Response from the realm is not required by the proxy to send Accounting-ACK to NAS. 

Why don't you try  these option 

Thanks

Ashish Paul

Re: [SBR C] Suppressing FastFail mechanism for static non-responding realm target

‎04-25-2013 10:36 PM

Hi,

I just found out that those parameters are indeed listed in the Ref Guide for the 7.5 version. However, the one I was talking about is v 7.3.1 and I didn't find those parameters in the 7.3.1 Ref Guide. Does it mean that this knobs are not supported in 7.3.1 ?

-------------------------------------------------------
Adityo Ari Nugroho
JNCIP-ENT
Innovative Champion
the aim of my journey is the journey itself
Solution
Accepted by topic author adityoari
‎08-26-2015 01:27 AM

‎04-25-2013 10:54 PM

Yes, I just verified it, the feature was introduced in 7.4.

Thanks

Ashish Paul