Industry Solutions and Trends
Technology is more than just networking and Juniper experts share their views on all the trends affecting IT
Juniper Employee , Juniper Employee Juniper Employee
Industry Solutions and Trends
Q&A with Marketing Challenger, Tyson Philyaw of Walker and Associates
Jan 30, 2017

We’re excited to congratulate Tyson Philyaw for being recognized as a Marketing Challenger! As part of the marketing team at Juniper partner Walker and Associates for eleven years, Tyson brings great experience and tips for marketers, especially Juniper partners, in his Q&A below.

Juniper_Partner_Social_Tyson-Philyaw.png

What aspect of your job do you enjoy the most? 

I enjoy directly impacting the sales cycle.  As a Hybrid VAR, we have developed an environment where our sales team is equipped with resources to support a technical sale.  Without a conductor, the train cars can derail quickly.

What is the one project you are most proud of?

I really enjoyed bringing customers to the EBC at Sunnyvale.  Juniper rolled out the red carpet, the customers were genuinely impressed.  I highly recommend all partners to take advantage of the EBC.

What piece of advice would you give to a new marketer?

Invest in understanding the marketing resources available to you from Juniper’s Marketing Team.  Don’t be afraid to try something new, if it doesn’t work, share the feedback with Juniper and learn from the opportunity.  Chances are your activities will work.

TysonPhilyaw_QuoteGraphic.png

What is one book, blog, or podcast you’d recommend to your fellow marketers? 

The Tender Bar by JR Moehringer

If you could take a vacation anywhere, where would you go?

Florida Keys

Have your own answers to the questions above? Tweet them to @JuniperPartners.

Thanks!

Top Kudoed Members