Industry Solutions and Trends
Technology is more than just networking and Juniper experts share their views on all the trends affecting IT
Juniper Employee , Juniper Employee Juniper Employee
Industry Solutions and Trends
Revolutionizing Routing, Again.
Mar 18, 2015

A designer knows he/she has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

As a former engineer, this was one of my favorite quotes. It speaks to simplicity and optimization. It means to do great things the most efficient way possible. It also seems poetically appropriate to apply to our latest innovations for the Converged Supercore, covered in my last blog (with an Ironman theme!)

At Juniper, I have noticed and admired the engineers that come into work everyday with a passion for seeking such perfection. And though perfection may never be attained, the quest for it does make all the difference.  It shows in the final product.  Juniper engineers designed the PTX5000 router that takes Cisco 5 full racks of their platforms to match.  Alternatively, Juniper can deliver the same capacity as Cisco's flagship router in the PTX3000, a product 91% smaller.

Watch Jonathan Davidson, EVP of Juniper Development and Innovation, explain just how Juniper Networks has revolutionized routing… again. By embracing an uncompromised commitment to perfecting and optimizing silicon, systems, and software, the Converged Supercore is one of the latest examples of how we deliver performance and efficiency that no other company can match.