Intrusion Prevention
Highlighted
Intrusion Prevention

How to find out whether Juniper has a new sig to protect against a specifi attack?

‎09-19-2012 04:13 AM

Hi,

I've just searched Juniper's site for more than an hour and I am giving up. All I want to know is if there is a signature that protects against a specific attack. In this case I am looking for the new Internet Explorer zero-day vuln. (CVE-2012-4969), but any other attack too. 

Is there some sort of Juniper CERT or advisory site that informs about new attacks and recommends actions and release notes for updated signatures?

Any clues? 

Twitter: @cryptochrome
--------------------------------
plus.google.com/11635909860
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Intrusion Prevention

Re: How to find out whether Juniper has a new sig to protect against a specifi attack?

‎09-19-2012 05:34 AM
Highlighted
Intrusion Prevention

Re: How to find out whether Juniper has a new sig to protect against a specifi attack?

‎09-19-2012 05:43 AM
Thanks, but that site does not have that information. Unless I am blind (which I am not ruling out :-)).
Highlighted
Intrusion Prevention

‎09-19-2012 06:42 AM

Here are the update notes that you are looking for:

https://services.netscreen.com/restricted/sigupdates/nsm-updates/2185.html

Highlighted
Intrusion Prevention

‎09-19-2012 06:55 AM
Thanks, that's what I was looking for. Is there a "root" somewhere to this page? This page is for a specific update, but how do I get there? I can't find this from Juniper's website. Also, they mention that this is a bulletin. Can I subscribe to these somehow? Again, thanks. Help is appreciated!
Highlighted
Intrusion Prevention

[ Edited ]
‎09-19-2012 07:14 AM

1. Go to http://rss.juniper.net/p/subscribe/.

2. Under Technical Feeds, select

3. Click Create RSS Feed.

4. When prompted, select your preference. I recommend selecting the Let browser handle the subscription option.

Also, explore the security site previously mentioned. It includes links and utilities to browse and search for signatures. The links are in the left navigation pane. The search utility is in the center panel, below the space that currently contains a video.

Best regards,

Juniper Networks
Technical Publications
Highlighted
Intrusion Prevention

‎09-19-2012 10:59 AM
Thanks. And sorry to keep bitching on about this. RSS is nice, Email subscription too. But why is this so hard to find on their actual website? I am still looking for a proper "entry point" for quick searches.
Highlighted
Intrusion Prevention

‎09-20-2012 08:50 AM

I think the Security Intelligence Center link is the right entry point.

On this page, use the links in the left navigation pane to browse signatures.

security-center-browse.gif

On this same page, scroll past the video to the Search utility and summary of latest signature updates.

security-center-search.gif

Best regards,

Juniper Networks
Technical Publications
Highlighted
Intrusion Prevention

‎12-06-2012 04:22 AM

Though the information is usually available on the Juniper site at times when I am not able to get that, I open a priority 4 case with Juniper TAC and that usually helps .... 🙂

Thanks

Maalolan

Feedback