Juniper Open Learning
Highlighted
Juniper Open Learning

Apply group settings

‎09-28-2017 10:28 AM

Is there a way to apply a group setting to multiple interfaces at once? For example, if I create a group and want to apply it to lets say, 48 interfaces, do I need to go individually to each interface and apply the group? Or is there a way to specify something like interfaces ge-0/0/0 through ge-0/0/47 will be assigned this group.

3 REPLIES 3
Juniper Open Learning

Re: Apply group settings

‎09-28-2017 01:19 PM

Hello Franco, 

Someone asked about this earlier in the forum. Here is a good start. 

Configuration groups allow you to define common settings once and apply them later. For example, a switch may have dozens of ports that all need to be configured as Layer 2 ports on the same VLAN. Instead of configuring the same thing dozens of times for each interface do it once in a configuation group and then apply the configuration group to the interfaces branch of the configuation. 

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/concept/junos-software-configuration-groups...

Thanks again for using the forum. 

Gordon

Highlighted
Juniper Open Learning

‎09-28-2017 02:02 PM

Hello Gordon, I saw that post, my question took it a step further. Lets say that you have created a group called vlan-10group, and you have entered all the vlan parameters needed to apply to the 48 interfaces, the next step then would be to apply the group to all the interfaces. 

My question is, do you have to apply the vlan 10 group to the interfaces at a time, in the example below:

set interfaces ge-0/0/0 apply-groups vlan10-group

set interfaces ge-0/0/1 apply-groups vlan10-group

set interfaces ge-0/0/47 apply-groups vlan10-group

Or is that a way to do all 48 interfaces at once with one command.

Highlighted
Juniper Open Learning

‎09-28-2017 03:42 PM

Hello Franco, 

I get it now. Apply the group under the interfaces stanza. 

[edit interfaces]

set apply-groups vlan10-group

That way all the interfaces under there inherit the settings. 

Thanks for using the forum Franco and participating in the live events. It helps a lot. 

Gordon