Juniper Open Learning
Highlighted
Juniper Open Learning

Connect the port and configure 3 ACX4000 Juniper routers to talk to each other using ethernet cable and configure OSPF between the 3.

a month ago

Hello all. I just recently attained my JUNOS-JNCIA certification with my company. My first task is to daisy chain I'm guessing or ethernet connect all three routers together so they can talk with each other and after that configure OSPF within the link. Attach is a picture of the three routers. Someone Please Assist. Thanks.20200303_130916.jpg

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Juniper Open Learning

Re: Connect the port and configure 3 ACX4000 Juniper routers to talk to each other using ethernet cable and configure OSPF between the 3.

3 weeks ago

Welcome to Junos.  For your task you will take the following steps:

Preparaction:

1. Perform getting started basic setup on each router assigning them a loopback, accounts and the like from the quick start sheet
  2. Assign a pair of physical ports between each pair of interconnected ACX
  3. Assign a /31 unique link subnet for each interconnect

Connection configuration:

1. Configure family inet on both sides of each link with the choosen ip address
  2. Confirm link comes up - on "combo" ACX ports you need to be sure you are selecting copper or fiber appropriately
  3. confirm your routing table shows all the links as expected
  4. confirm you can ping the adjacent link address on each ACX

OSPF setup:

1. Congifure OSPF area zero with all interfaces on the ACX
  2. Loopback as passive interfaces as p2p
  3. optionally add a password
  4. Confirm ospf neighbor comes up
  5. confirm ospf routes are seen from neighbors - especially that loopbacks are learned

As you move through the checklist ask any specific questions that come up in the process here.

Steve Puluka BSEET - Juniper Ambassador
IP Architect - DQE Communications Pittsburgh, PA (Metro Ethernet & ISP)
http://puluka.com/home